Every business owner knows that returning customers are the best. They know you and trust you, they buy more from you, and they recommend you to others. The same principle applies even more in online marketing. That's why you should go out of your way to make your visitors subscribe to your blog.
Getting subscribers and tracking them
There are multiple ways for your readers to follow you. The most popular ones are RSS, email, Twitter and Facebook. I strongly recommend you to add these to your blog.
Most of these subscription methods allow you to track the number of your followers. One notable exception is RSS. In a typical WordPress install, for example, there is no way for you to know how many RSS subscribers you have.
A good solution to this problem is FeedBurner service, currently provided by Google. It shows you the total number of your customers, as well as some more useful details about them:
- Item views
- Item link clicks.
- Subscribers timeline
- Displaying follower statistics
Some social networks and WordPress widgets enable you to display your number of followers. Do you need to do that?
You should only display subscriber numbers when they are reasonably high. For most people, the most critical threshold value is near one thousand followers. Once you hit that number, you get the following benefits from displaying it:
- Social proof that your blog is interesting.
- Attracting guest authors
- Attracting advertisers
- Maximising your subscription rate
My number one suggestion is to increase the visibility of your subscription buttons. Make sure they are easy to find and click on the first screen of your page, and possibly somewhere under the post body, as well.
You should only display subscriber numbers when they are reasonably high.
Try different widgets to attract your subscribers. They come in all colors, shapes and sizes. Some may work better for your audience and page layout than others.
If you are a newbie to blogging it must have struck you that getting the best traffic to your blog or website is not that easy to do. Even if you have read some SEO and marketing tips and articles, you are confused on how to get it right. You can pick clues from this article and increase your blog followers.
Before you expect high volume traffic and quality leads for your online venture, you need targeted and aimed web traffic and not just any regular traffic. Because when you get that exact kind of traffic of people who are interested in your topic, you will have the best hits and conversion.
So, without increasing any more suspense, here are the seven best methods to increase your blog followers and start reaping the rewards of all of your online efforts.
- Do 'on-page' optimization- The best traffic is that which comes from the search engines. Why? Various people have searched for certain keywords. And after that when they visit your blog or your website and learn that your posts have the same content what they are looking for, they would stay and read for a longer duration. In the long run, you can convert these readers and visitors into your loyal followers who will help spread the word about your blog.
- Be active in the forums related to your niche- Participating in forums seems like a conventional method, but it remains one of the viable ways of letting people know about your blog. It helps you to increase traffic to your blog. By being active in the forums and by helping others with their problems and concerns, you are making yourself to be a well-known person in your niche and this authority will also pass on to your blog.
- Comment on other people's blogs- Blogging is not a single user activity. You need to connect with your fellow bloggers because they are the ones who are in the best position to help to promote your blog. Therefore it would be in your interest if you can read their blog posts sincerely and share your thoughts. By being active in the forums and by helping others with their problems and concerns, you are making yourself to be a well-known person in your niche and this authority will also pass on to your blog.
- Create a video and share it- Video marketing is the new method in recent times for promoting a website. This is due to the popularity of video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. and the preference of many people to watch entertaining and informative videos.
- Create a contest and announce it to the blogging world- Bloggers love to take part in an online competition. Think of an exciting competition that would entice and attract many bloggers to promote it and at the same time your blog as well. The important thing here is to give a valuable prize.
- Do some guest posting- Guest posting is the art of writing a blog post and publishing it on another blog. Guest posting is a great technique to make people familiar with your name. Through your article, your name and your blog will be advertised to all the readers of the blog or website that published it.
- Make proper use of social media platforms- Social media is, in recent times, gaining even broader ground in attracting people to participate in their blogs and get to know other people through their services. You can increase blog traffic by being active on these sites and sharing interesting articles, videos, etc.